Monday 19 December 2011

shes pregant ??

Waking up one cold morning I didn’t expect the day i was about too, Kirsty (my significant other) said she felt very ill but this didn’t surprise me in any way as women feel sick most days. she said she was going to book a appointment at the doctors. She must be feeling bad then as she hates doctors, 'well hope you feel better soon and let me know how it goes' i said just leaving for work.

I have just started in a new department at work so things have been quite stressful to say the least and with me break my legs a few weeks back, hopping around was taking it out of me. Kirsty texted me to say she was leaving for the doctors and she will phone me when she got back....... nothing about her being pregnant came to mind or was even anything we thought of, but that was about to change. Must of been a hour later and a text came through on my phone from Kirsty, pressing the button a sentence popped up looking at me 'you’re going to be a daddy!'....... my whole body stopped for what must of been seconds but felt like years.
This must of been a wind up?? She is having me on for all the tricks i play on her?? is it mine?? (didn’t think the last one but i tell Kristy i thought that )

I have thought about being a dad before but always thought 'old fashioned' , being settled with house and being sable, not living at home with no savings and not the best of paid job. kirsty told her family straight away and they were pleased, but I couldn’t tell my family as I knew the response!
'where you going to live!!!' 'how you going to afford it!!!' 'you’re not grown up enough!!!'....... kirsty bugged me for weeks to tell them but I couldn’t.

a week ago we had our 12 week scan and kirsty couldn’t wait, nor could i but still had it in my head about my family. we turned up at the hospital at 8am (told my mum i was starting work early) kirsty was up at 6am so excited and with me who usually calls her lazy bones then i knew just how excited she was. We was in the waiting room and i looked around to see middle aged couples, we must of been the youngest by a good 10-15 years...... but 1 person caught my eye, a young women on her own and i heard her say to the nurse 'the father didn’t want to come', which made me feel a lot better to know i was always going to be here for kirsty and for our baby. we got called in to the scan room, kirsty got onto the bed and up popped this little baby figure on a computer.... it looked like it was on a bouncy castle and it that moment in time everything seemed so real. 'it’s a lively one' the nurse said with a smile, 'OH GOD... it’s going to be like him' kirsty said looking my way. i just knew now I had to tell my parents and friends, seeing what i did at that scan was the kick up the bum i needed.

when I got back I told my mum and got the lecture I told I would, but she has in the last few days been showing me that she is coming round to the idea and can’t wait to be a nanny. So this is my story of the next few 6 month which if its anything like it started is going to be emotional.

1 comment: